Dear donors, volunteers and supporters,
Here at the Millionair Club Charity, our commitment to “Changing lives through jobs and support services since 1921” is the driving force behind everything we do for our participants and community. Our mission statement isn’t just a set of words – it’s the very heart and soul of our work.
As I look forward to what lies ahead in 2012, I am excited about the progress our programs made in 2011 and how this is a positive sign of things to come. One of our newest employment initiatives, the Transitional Jobs Program, began last summer and has so far helped place 15 individuals into permanent employment. This is an encouraging start for a pilot program still in its infancy!
I am also proud to announce these other accomplishments in 2011:
- 90,000+ hot meals were served to people seeking sustenance.
- 15,000+ jobs were provided to working folks seeking economic security.
- Approximately 80 individuals every night received emergency shelter through our collaboration with Compass Housing Alliance and Operation Nightwatch.
- 8 participants living in shelters and transitional housing found permanent housing through our new Housing Assistance program that launched last summer.
- 100 individuals every month received hygiene and laundry services through theHygieneCenter.
- 55 individuals were able to use our food pantry and clothing closet.
- We expanded our partnerships with local Belltown andSeattle nonprofit organizations and continued our already existing relationships with Compass Housing Alliance, Plymouth Housing Group, Veterans Affairs Puget Sound, VOSH Foundation and others.
Thank you for your support of the Millionair Club Charity. None of our accomplishments would have been possible without the willingness of individuals like you who donated their time, talent and treasure; as well as those who gave a hand up to our participants by providing a job. As always, you can stay in the loop about our latest news, developments and success stories by subscribing to our e-newsletter, signing up on our mailing list, following us on social media and joining our online community. Please visit millionairclub.org to learn how to become involved in all these opportunities.
Here’s to a successful 2012!